Cultural Commissioning Toolkits
Information for arts and cultural organisations wanting to engage in public service commissioning. Also for public service commissioners wishing to use arts and cultural providers to secure better outcomes. Toolkits created by the Cultural Commissioning Programme.
The Cultural Commissioning Programme have produced 8 toolkits for arts and cultural organisations wanting to engage in public service commissioning, which are also suitable for public service commissioners wishing to use arts and cultural providers to secure better outcomes.
- Understanding Cultural Commissioning: Helping arts and culture organisations and public service commissioners get to grips with cultural commissioning.
- Cultural Commissioning in Practice: Information and resources to support the practical side of cultural commissioning.
- Using Evidence to show the Value of Arts and Culture: Existing reports and resources for arts and cultural organisations to refer to in order to build their own evidence base on the impact of arts and cultural work.
- Policy Context: Reports and resources to highlight some of the main policy drivers that link to cultural commissioning. They provide useful context for cultural organisations and for public service commissioners.
- Value of Arts and Culture in Mental Health and Wellbeing: Resources and information for arts and cultural organisations and commissioners relating to mental health and wellbeing.
- Value of Arts and Culture for Older People: Resources and information for arts and cultural organisations and commissioners relating to older people.
- Value of Arts and Culture in Place-Based Commissioning: Resources and information for arts and cultural organisations, and commissioners relating to place-based commissioning.
- Resources Developed by the Cultural Commissioning Programme: From 2013 to 2017 the Cultural Commissioning Programme (CCP) supported arts and cultural organisations to come together with public service commissioners. It helped them explore ways of working to deliver better outcomes for people and communities. The programme focused on mental health and wellbeing, older people, and place-based commissioning although the knowledge gained is transferable to other public service areas. The programme’s learning has been synthesised into guidance, reports, case studies and other resources.
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate