NASP’s Social Prescribing Champion Programme is open!
NASP is on the lookout for clinical and non-clinical NHS colleagues who are passionate about Social Prescribing to join their national programme!
The National Academy for Social Prescribing (NASP) Social Prescribing Champion Programme is open!
NASP is on the lookout for clinical and non-clinical NHS colleagues who are passionate about Social Prescribing to join their national programme, network with like-minded peers, share their learning, support social prescribing link workers and raise the profile of social prescribing.
The Social Prescribing Champion Programme (SPCP) aims to develop a yearly cohort of multidisciplinary team members* across England, to promote the delivery of social prescribing (SP) across the health and social care sector. This will be achieved by expanding knowledge, providing learning opportunities for other health and care professionals, and by working with social prescribing link workers to develop solutions to emerging problems across community, primary, and secondary care in a locality.
- Raising awareness of Social Prescribing within the workplace
- Connecting with social prescribing link workers to co-design solutions to local challenges
- Supporting consistency of messaging on Social Prescribing
- Connecting multidisciplinary team members
- Supporting primary and secondary care collaboration for Social Prescribing
Who can be a Social Prescribing Champion?
The programme is open to all NHS staff1 regardless of profession, seniority. This includes multidisciplinary team members, medical and nursing staff, allied healthcare professionals and those in non-clinical roles (such as discharge coordinators, general practice managers) with an interest in social prescribing and a passion for reaching others.
Applications close on 14 April 2022
- Resource pack including learning materials, social media tools and ready-made templates
- Social Prescribing Champion Badge and ‘Ask me about Social Prescribing Lanyard’
- Social media training to help you communicate with colleagues & your followers
- 6-weekly webinars to enable shared learning and networking
- Quarterly update with upcoming events, opportunities and announcements
- Online community of practice hosted through the FutureNHS SP Collaboration Platform
* The programme is not open to social prescribing link workers given the aim to develop a cohort that will engage directly with, learn from and develop solutions together with link workers.
To find out more read the Role Description here.
And apply Via NASP’s Short Application Form here
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate