Apply Now: RELAY Project Space Open Call
Call out to artists, producers, creative projects and organisations, Bricks are seeking proposals for their temporary project and exhibition space, RELAY at St Anne’s House, Bristol.
Bricks Bristol are excited to be able to offer their 100m2 project space at St Anne’s House to 10 artists / collectives / projects for a month each over the next year, to develop new work.
It is a great opportunity for contemporary visual artists wishing to make work at scale, experiment with new ideas, collaborate or start conversations around their work.
Bricks Bristol will programme a mix of projects throughout the year, to support artist development in Bristol. They know how important it is to have space (masses of space!) to test ideas out, the benefit of presenting work to others and seeking critical feedback, and the value to all of us of experiencing art made in the city.
Each project will be public-facing, and Bricks Bristol expect selected artists to engage with audiences in the form of talks, exhibitions, performances, workshops, open studios or other events that suit your project, and which they’ll support you to organise. They expect that some projects will present works in progress, and others will be finished exhibitions.
What they’re looking for:
- Inventive proposals about how use of our project space for a month might enrich your practice, or enable you to try something you haven’t been able to before.
- Something that sparks a conversation – your ideas do not need to be fully polished at this stage. But equally – if you know exactly what you want to do, they want to hear about it!
- An openness to share and be part of their community at St Anne’s House for a month.
- Think your idea doesn’t fit what they’re looking for? They want to hear it; it probably does. If you think your idea suits working with Bricks Bristol in a different way, let them know.
This is a work in progress – Bricks Bristol have just got the lease for St Anne’s House and want to hear from artists as soon as possible so they can support projects in the wake of Covid-19 as society reopens.
Bricks know there is a critical need for artist spaces in Bristol and hope that over this year they can collectively test ideas for how this space serves both Bristol’s artists and the local communities of St Anne’s.
- A lead creative for each project should be based in Bristol / West of England (Bath & North East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire)
- Projects should have some form of public-facing activity over the course of the month you’re in residence. For example, if you were using the space as a studio to develop new work you could have a publicly accessible open studio every Saturday during set times when audiences can visit. Or an exhibition could be open daily during set public opening hours.
- Project duration should be approximately one month.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5pm, FRIDAY 21 MAY 2021.
For more information visit www.bricksbristol.org/2021/04/apply-now-relay-project-space-open-call/
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate