Hip Hop HEALS free research seminars into Trauma Informed Hip Hop Therapy
Hip Hop HEALS in partnership with Birmingham Centre for Arts Therapies, have received funding from the Baring Foundation to deliver Hip Hop HEALS’ Trauma-Informed Hip Hop Academy, a programme of online research seminars.
In celebration of Hip Hop HEALS’ 10 Year Anniversary, join their Trauma-Informed Hip Hop Academy for a free, online research seminar programme . Together with Birmingham Centre for Arts Therapies (BCAT), Hip Hop HEALS’ will host a year-long take-over of BCAT’s Research Seminar programme, from June 2022 onwards.
Learn about Hip Hop’s therapeutic applications from a worldwide team of experts for the first programme of its kind in the UK and beyond.
You will leave with a deeper understanding of what Hip Hop Therapy and Therapeutic Hip Hop looks like in Real World terms. Hip Hop HEALS’ will walk you through research and real-life case studies to see how this intervention lands within community practice from around the globe.
- Mon 13 Jun ’22: Rhythmic Mind Case Study: Narrative & Freestyle Therapy Approaches
- Mon 11 July ’22: Do The Mic Thing Case Study: A FundaMental Health Music Service
- Mon 8 Aug ’22: Trauma-Informed Approach to Hip Hop Therapy
- Mon 12 Sep ’22: Hip Hop & Empowerment: Self & Community
- Mon 10 Oct ’22: World Homeless Day: Dubgasm, Hip Hop Heals & Tabor House Hostel
- Mon 14 Nov ’22: Today’s Future Sound Case Study: Therapeutic Beat-Making
- Mon 12 Dec ’22: Therapeutic Hip Hop in Creative Health Workshops
- Mon 9 Jan ’23: Trauma-Informed Schools
- Mon 13 Feb ’23: Youth Work
- Mon 13 Mar ’23: Spoken Word
- Mon 10 Apr ’23: Youth Work : MCs as Mentors
- Mon May ’23: TBC
LINK TO PROGRAMME:
Or book at hiphophealsuk[at]gmail.com
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate