Automation Prototypes: Invitation to Apply
South West Creative Technology Network (SWCTN) are looking to invest in prototypes that use creative technologies to deliver original processes, experiences, products, services or platforms within the field of automation.
Deadline: 5pm, Monday 16 September 2019.
SWCTN anticipate awarding grants of between £10k and £40k.
SWCTN are looking to fund ideas that are brave and distinctive,
that open up the field of automation to new voices and
challenge the status quo within the field. If automation is
to be harnessed as a force for good and to be fully realised
in new markets, makers must demonstrate creativity as well
as a diversity of perspective, experience and skills.
Prototyping will run from February 2020 with a showcase in
SWCTN will expect prototype teams to make themselves
available to commit to the programme during this period.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 16th
Applications will be assessed against the following essential
- Fit to the theme (how you respond to the interests outlined under The Theme: what are we looking to fund in automation?)
- Commercial potential and possible social impact; an understanding of the current or potential market, the scalability of your idea, and a route forward beyond our funding (that will allow the idea to be
developed further). Match funding from applicants or partners may form a part of this.
- Feasibility: a team (of whatever size) in place with the skills,
experience and resources and time to deliver the prototype and progress into the future.
- Impact in the South West; SWCTN aim to create jobs, new businesses, new opportunities in the regions that our partnership serves (Bristol, Bath, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Gloucestershire) so tell us this potential. We also recognise that the region is not isolated from national and global markets.
- Your understanding of where diversity exists in your proposal; this might include your team, process, content and/or audience and should acknowledge where the gaps are.
- An understanding of the audience you are making this for, and how that understanding will develop during the programme. What evidence do you have that this market exists for your specific idea?
Find Out More
To apply for this opportunity, to read more about the South West Creative Technology Network and to find out about what automation is, visit their website.
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate