Thriving Communities webinar: Nature Connectedness
About this event
Join Thriving Communities for their next webinar, where they will hear about the importance of nature connectedness for people’s health and wellbeing and how it links with social prescribing.
It will explain the difference between contact with nature and nature connectedness, and the importance of both in optimising the benefits of nature for health and wellbeing. You will learn about five simple pathways to nature connectedness to improve policy, planning and delivery at both an organisational and individual level.
What is Thriving Communities?
Thriving Communities is a national support programme for voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise groups, supporting communities impacted by COVID19 in England, working alongside social prescribing link workers. Through networks, blogs, resources and webinars Thriving Communities enables communities to share learning, gain new ideas, access funding and develop partnerships across sectors. It is run by the National Academy for Social Prescribing, an organisation dedicated to the advancement of social prescribing through promotion, collaboration and innovation.
This webinar will:
- Explore what nature connectedness is, and how it differs from contact with nature
- Share a summary of the evidence to show how both contact and connectedness with nature are needed to optimise the benefits for health and wellbeing
- Build confidence in applying five simple pathways to nature connectedness to improve policy, planning and delivery at both organisational and individual levels
- Highlight the opportunities to develop nature connectedness through social prescribing
- Signpost to sources of help for people to learn more
Who is it for?
Community groups and the voluntary sector; National and regional delivery organisations; Policy and decision makers who are considering interventions to support health, wellbeing and recovery.
How to Book
Free, book via Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/thriving-communities-webinar-nature-connectedness-tickets-190974127757
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate