Older People & Climate Action in Arts & Wellbeing Services
About this event
Age Action Alliance and Flourishing Lives invite you to our free online workshop providing practical support for services for older people.
This workshop will focus on supporting older people’s engagement in climate action and developing environmental practice in older people’s arts & wellbeing services.
The session will be joined by Grace Fisher (Community Organiser/ Mobiliser), Jasmine Vorraso (Campaigns & Communications Assistant) and Hannah McLean-Knight (Coalition Coordinator) from The Climate Coalition, who will co-facilitate the session.
The workshop will be an open discussion, offering older people, creative practitioners, and service providers the opportunity to share ideas and innovations around the following topics:
- Reflecting on what older people love and want to protect from climate change.
- Getting involved in the Climate Coalition’s ‘Great Big Green Week’ and ‘Show the Love’ campaigns.
- Examples of what older people are currently doing to campaign on climate change.
- Craftivism, Connectivity, and ideas for creative climate action.
- How older people’s groups can get involved in climate action.
- Join us to share ideas, refine your working practices, and meet other progressive people who are striving to innovate and excel in services for older people.
Please email david[at]flourishinglives.org if you have any queries or would like any further information.
How to Book
Free, register via Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/older-people-climate-action-in-arts-wellbeing-services-tickets-290408007167
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate