Facilitating social connection in Creative Health delivery
An AHSW Creative Health Learning Alliance online workshop exploring the link between participating in creative health programmes and positive social outcomes.
About this event
Numerous programme evaluations and research studies are exploring the link between participating in creative health programmes and positive social outcomes. These can include promoting mutual support, a sense of belonging, decreased social anxiety, and reductions in loneliness. Creative health practitioners take different approaches to making space for social connections in their programmes. This workshop will look at the research on this topic, hear from practitioners about their intentions and facilitation styles, and consider the positive impacts and challenges that might arise.
Some of the questions we’ll look at include:
- How do social connections and social benefits arise naturally in your workshops?
- What do you do to promote or support social interaction? Is this a deliberate aim of your practice?
- What skills and qualities do you think are needed to facilitate social interaction? How do you acquire or improve them?
- What other questions or issues should we consider?
Using our collaborative learning approach, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on your own experience when delivering creative health activities
- Hear about the experiences of other creative health practitioners
- Share insights, questions and concerns with peers
- Discuss how practitioners can best prepare for and be supported in this work
- This session will be held on Zoom, and is open to anyone who would like to join regardless of location.
How to Book
After recent times, we know everyone is facing their own wellbeing and financial challenges, and as a charity we are no exception. We suggest a donation of £25 to cover the core costs of this workshop, however donations of any size will make a real difference.
About AHSW Creative Health Learning Alliance Collaborative Learning Workshops
AHSW’s Creative Health Learning Alliance is hosting a series of participatory online learning workshops to explore and define the key elements of training and professional development for creative health practitioners working across art forms, settings and conditions.
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate