Dementia and Imagination LIVE Online by Equal Arts
Equal Arts’ half-day Dementia and Imagination Training is ideal for creative practitioners and staff within cultural and community venues in contact with the public.
Offering an interactive and active learning approach, the training provides participants with an understanding of the imagination model in engaging with people living with dementia, and the confidence to create inclusive, dementia-friendly creative opportunities that are ‘inspired by imagination’.
Equal Arts’ training supports participants to:
• Gain an understanding of the effects of dementia
• Recognise the value of an imagination approach to communication and delivery
• Support a user-led approach to developing and delivering inclusive, dementia-friendly creative opportunities
• Understand the importance of multi-sensory exploration and how to address all five senses in workshops
• Explore the art of improvised story-telling to aid communication and stimulate imagination
• Trial new creative techniques to build confidence and time for reflection
How to Book
Early bird half price tickets are available until 1 September at £25 freelancer/individual and £40 employee/staff. Then tickets are £50 and £80 respectively.
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate