You can find case studies collected from organisations in the south west on this webpage. These case studies are organised by date with the most recent activities listed first. Search using a key word to find a case study on a particular subject.
Berkeley Vale Health Community Arts Project
Berkeley Vale Health community, an integrated health community serving 38,000 people, has pioneered using the Arts to improve people’s health and to enhance health environments.
Led by local GP’s a range of medical needs were identified across the whole community:
- An ageing population in which dementia and associated conditions, giving rise to lack of self esteem, loss of confidence, and a loss of their histories, are increasingly prevalent
- An increasingly obese population in which childhood obesity is of great concern
- Increasing costs and rising consultancy rates amongst GP’s
- Furthermore these conditions gave rise to the general feeling that it is difficult to quantify that larger numbers of people are less happy with their lives, so addressing their ‘well being’ was part and parcel of the need identified by the GP’s
The work was broken down into a number of different projects that took place in primary care premises, in local nursing homes and also involved a major arts project to humanise a new community hospital:
- Vale Community Hospital arts project
- Artists in residence- GP surgeries
- Dance – using dance to enhance peoples physical health
- Try to Remember- poetry project in patients with Dementia
Did you find this resource useful?
As a registered charity we are only able to continue to provide the information and resources found on this site if we continue to receive charitable donations and grants. If you found this resource useful, then please consider donating.Donate